“To create an enabling knowledge-driven environment for local mass production of standard parts, goods, and services required for the nation’s technology advancement”.
The Mandate of NASENI is specifically in the area of capital goods research, production, and reverse engineering with respect to the following six broad areas:
- Engineering materials (notably irons, steel, non-ferrous metal and alloys,
- plastics, glass, ceramics, polymer, electronics, and nanotechnology);
- Industrial and analytic chemical materials including industrial gases;
- Scientific equipment and components for education, research, and industry;
- Engineering accessories (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic);
- Power equipment (generation, transmission, distribution, prime movers); and
- Mechanical Engineering tools (power tools, hand tools, cutting tools, and machine tools).